Welcome to the MIT Infinite History website (the “Site”). By accessing this Site, users agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions which MIT may revise at any time. Users are encouraged to visit this page periodically to review current terms and conditions, as your continued use of this Site signifies your agreement to these term and conditions. If you do not understand or do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please exit this Site immediately.
- The text, images, trademarks, data, audio files, video files and clips, and other documentation on the Site (collectively the “Materials”) are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. MIT retains all rights, including copyright, in the Materials. Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities, other than, or in addition to, MIT.
- The Materials are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users may download these Materials for their own use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions which may be applicable. Users must, however, cite the author and source of the Materials and should include the URL http://infinitehistory.mit.edu/, but not in any way that implies endorsement of the user or the user’s use of the Materials. Downloading, printing, copying, distributing, or otherwise using Materials for commercial purposes, including commercial publication or personal gain, is expressly prohibited. MIT does not warrant that the use of the Materials will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with MIT.
- "MIT", "Massachusetts Institute of Technology", and its logos and seal are trademarks of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Except for purposes of attribution, you may not use MIT’s names or logos, or any variations thereof, without prior written consent of MIT. You may not use the MIT name in any of its forms nor MIT seals or logos for promotional purposes, or in any way that deliberately or inadvertently claims, suggests, or in MIT's sole judgment gives the appearance or impression of a relationship with or endorsement by MIT.
- Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COPYRIGHT OWNERSHIP AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF OTHER THIRD PARTY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. MIT does not warrant the Site will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of information obtained from or through this Site is at your own risk. Your access to or download of videos, information, materials, or data through the Site or any reference sites is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your property (including your computer system) or loss of data that results from the download or use of such material or data.
- NEITHER MIT, ITS AFFILIATES, TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABIITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTIAL, COMPENSATORY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (EVEN IF MIT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITES, CONTENT, AND/OR COMPILATION.
- It is MIT’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Copyright owners who believe their material has been infringed on the Site should contact MIT's designated copyright agent at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 77 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138-4307 Attention: MIT DMCA Agent, W92-263A.
Notification must include: (a) identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site; (b) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity; (c) information for us to be able to contact the complaining party (e.g., email address, phone number); (d) a statement that the complaining party believes that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent; and (e) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify MIT, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third-party claims, actions or demands arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to your use of the Site, including any liability or expense arising from any and all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, MIT will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and MIT with respect to your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and MIT regarding your use of the Site. The failure of MIT to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the terms and conditions remain in full force and effect.
- You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions or any content posted to a Site will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Boston, Massachusetts as the legal forum for any such dispute.
Effective Date March 31, 2016