The videos available on this website are fully interactive and infinitely searchable. You can browse entire collections, search for individual videos, or directly explore content by using our unique transcript search.
Browse our “Collections” page to become familiar with the content on this site. Collections are curated from our library of interviews, archival footage, lectures, symposia, and more. By selecting a video, you’ll be brought to the video’s individual page.
- You’ll see two tabs below the video. Check out the “Background” tab for a video synopsis or interview highlights, and the “Transcript” tab for a fully interactive text record of the video.
- Play the video and you’ll notice that the transcript follows along. To search within a video for a specific topic, go to the interactive transcript tab and type a search term within the “Search this transcript…” box.
- Click on the highlighted term–or on any word in the transcript–and you will jump to that point in the video.
- Save a video to your favorites list by clicking on the heart icon. If your browser is set to enable cookies, your list will be saved for your next visit.
- You can also share the video or download a PDF of the transcript.
- You can search transcripts across our video library by entering a term in the other “Search Transcripts” box in the right column of the page.
Searching the Entire Video Library by Keyword or Filters
Search through all of our videos by entering one or more keywords into the main search box located at the top of each page. Additionally, clicking the icon to the right of search will reveal search filters.
- To search a phrase, enclose the phrase in quotations. (e.g. “artificial intelligence”)
- Different filters are arranged by Role (e.g., Faculty, Alumni, Public Servant), Topic (e.g., Life at MIT, MIT History, Artificial Intelligence) or Type (e.g., Interview, Lecture, Documentary, From the Vault).
- Search results are divided into three categories — People, Transcripts, and Descriptions. A blue button below the video’s description indicates the frequency your keyword appears within the video’s transcript. Click on the button and an overlay will launch. It will allow you to view transcript excerpts and begin playing video from the moment you want to watch.
We will be adding videos on an ongoing basis, so we invite you to visit often or subscribe to our RSS feed for updates!